Your bathroom is much more than a room. Everything starts there, it´s where the day begins, where you get ready for an appointment, where you check yourself in the mirror, where you relax and sing in the shower, it is your most intimate place.
Therefore, a bathroom renovation should be taken as seriously as renovating any other space of the house because when done right, you not only acquire more comfort and quality of life, but you also raise the overall market value of your property.
If you are thinking of renovating yours, you must consider several aspects to maximize the space and create value like:
Set goals and make a list
- what aspects of the bathroom should be improved, what needs to be renewed and replaced? What is the scope of the renovation: do you want, for example, to replace the bathtub with a shower (or vice versa)?
Plan the space and add a storage area
- If you are going to make a quality renovation, take the time to sketch a plan. If you are upgrading the existing layout, look for opportunities to add a storage area if you didn’t have one before. Also remember to allocate a part of the budget for the necessary furniture items like dressers, cabinets or shelves.
Choose a colour palette
- Decide from the beginning what colours you want in your bathroom. You can choose neutral colours to give a classic touch; dark colours, for a seductive and mysterious touch; bright colours, to bring life and fun to the space. By having clear the colours, it will be easier to then choose the other elements like the tiles and accessories.
Remember that “less is more”
- While experimenting with the textures and colours can be a fun thing, having a lot of different types of ceramic tiles can cause budgeting problems, and in the future, you may get tired very quickly of how space looks.
Purchase quality accessories
- when it comes to choosing the plumbing fixtures, you should pay attention to water flow capabilities, materials and finishes.
And if you have any doubts, one of our bathroom professionals and specialist dealers will be happy to advise you and inform you about the best available solutions.