Renovating your bathroom is a task that is easy to keep putting off. Many people are wary of the disruption and inconvenience of such a large task. However, it doesn’t have to be this way!
Odyssey Bathroom’s “Design to Completion” bathroom renovation makes achieving a stunning new bathroom virtually hassle-free, and the work can be completed in up to just five days.
Here are five reasons why you should renovate your bathroom this summer:
1. Increase the Value of Your Home
One of the most significant benefits of a new bathroom is the potential to increase the value of your home. It may be the smallest room in the house, but it punches above its weight when it comes to the value of your property.
Here are just some of the ways that a bathroom renovation can make your home more appealing to potential buyers:
- Modernisation: Outdated or worn fixtures, colours, or tiles can be off-putting to home buyers. Most buyers want to minimise the hassle of moving home, and the thought of having to include a bathroom renovation in a moving-home to-do list can easily sway potential buyers’ minds away from the sale.
- Increased functionality: Another factor that can increase the value of your home is the functionality of the space. A renovated bathroom can offer improved storage solutions, better lighting, and a more user-friendly layout, all of which can increase the functionality of the space. A well-designed and functional bathroom is a major selling point for potential buyers, which can translate to a higher resale value.
- Quality upgrades: A bathroom renovation is a perfect opportunity to upgrade the quality of the materials and fixtures in your bathroom. High-quality fixtures like a rainfall showerhead or a freestanding bathtub can give your bathroom a spa-like feel and make it more appealing to buyers.
Overall, a bathroom renovation is one of the surest ways of boosting the value of your home.
2. Improved Energy Efficiency
Soaring energy bills are one of the biggest challenges facing homeowners today. One of the benefits of modernising your bathroom is the chance to turn an old and energy-inefficient bathroom into a stunning-looking modern bathroom that also reduces your energy usage.
Here are just a few of the ways that a bathroom renovation can save on your energy bills:
- Upgraded lighting: A bathroom renovation is an opportunity to upgrade your lighting fixtures to energy-efficient LED bulbs. LED bulbs use significantly less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs, and they can last up to 25 times longer.
- Low–flow fixtures: Modern showerheads and taps can use significantly less water without any loss in performance. For example, a low-flow showerhead can use up to 50% less water than older designs. This can have a significant impact on water and energy bills.
- Improved insulation: A bathroom renovation is an opportunity to upgrade your insulation to improve your home’s overall energy efficiency.
A bathroom renovation can significantly improve your bathroom’s energy efficiency. Not only will this help you save money on your energy bills, but it can also reduce your home’s carbon footprint and improve your overall environmental impact.
3. Turn Functional into Fabulous
Older bathrooms tended to be designed with more emphasis on function than the comfort of the room. A bathroom renovation can transform your bathroom into a luxurious modern space. Imagine soaking in a freestanding tub or enjoying a rainfall shower after a long day at work!
Here are some of the other elements that Odyssey Bathrooms can incorporate into a luxurious bathroom area:
- Heated floors: Installing heated flooring can add a touch of luxury to your bathroom and make it feel like a spa. Heated floors can be installed under a variety of materials, including tile and stone, and can be controlled by a thermostat for optimal comfort.
- Natural materials: For a feeling of calm and relaxation, you can’t beat natural materials. At Odyssey Bathrooms, we can create your spa-like retreat with a stunning range of natural materials, including wood accents, stone tiles, and granite.
- Lighting: The right lighting can create a spa-like ambience in your bathroom. Soft, warm lighting can create a relaxing atmosphere, while dimmer switches can allow you to control the intensity of the lighting.
By incorporating elements like a freestanding bathtub, heated floors, a rainfall showerhead, natural materials, and soft lighting, you can create a spa-like retreat in your bathroom.
4. Improved Functionality and Safety
Modern bathroom furnishings, suites, and fittings are designed to create more storage room, space, and functionality in your old bathroom. For example, elements like underfloor heating, heated towel rails and walk-in showers, or entire wetrooms are fantastic methods of maximising the use of space in your bathroom.
Safety is also critical in the bathroom, and many older bathrooms did not incorporate this into the design. Here are just a few of the ways that an Odyssey Bathrooms renovation can design-in safety features for your new bathroom:
- Non-slip flooring: Helps you to keep your footing even in damp conditions.
- Night lights: Low-energy nightlights can help prevent falls and knocks when there isn’t enough natural light.
- Grab bars: Today’s modern bathroom design incorporates grab bars as standard fittings. They can be installed in the shower or near the toilet to provide extra support and stability.
If you are concerned about safety in the bathroom, our designers will work with you to make your dream bathroom also a safe bathroom.
5. Renovating a Bathroom Can Be Surprisingly Hassle-Free
We say surprisingly because not all bathroom renovation companies are equal! Odyssey Bathrooms work with you every step of the way to absolutely minimise the disruption you face. Additionally, because everyone that works on your bathroom is employed directly by us, we have no reliance on subcontractors. This means that we can guarantee the quality of the work and that it is completed on schedule.
In most instances, we can have your bathroom renovation completed within five days.
Our five-day process takes the stress and uncertainty from achieving your dream bathroom:
Day one of the project involves the removal of the new bathroom and installing new plumbing.
On day two, our in-house, skilled teams will take care of the carpentry and construction work.
Day three is when our electricians and tilers do their stuff!
The tiling is finished, including the grouting and other finishing.
Finally, your new suite is installed, and all final tasks are complete.
They say Rome wasn’t built in a day, and that is true. But at Odyssey Bathrooms, we can complete your bathroom renovation in up to five days!
Enjoy a Little Luxury This Summer
Renovating your bathroom this summer is not the hassle you’d expect it to be! And the benefits are multifold-from increasing your home’s value to creating a luxurious retreat.