With the coming of the New Year, many of us take advantage of the new start to tackle those often-delayed DIY or renovation products.
If your new year resolution is to renovate or revamp the bathroom, then you have come to the right place. This article looks at all the latest trends that are going to grace our bathrooms in 2022.
1. Opt for a wetroom
Sheer practicality and stunning modern looks are driving an upsurge in the number of us that are opting for wetrooms.
Wetrooms are incredibly practical – They are easy to clean, are great for space-saving, are extremely long-lasting, and provide easy accessibility. This is one reason that they are becoming so popular, but practicality alone doesn’t make a great bathroom.
The other major factor that is behind the wetroom’s rise in popularity is the sheer number of design options available. The lack of obstructions like shower cubicles and trays allows greater freedom to get creative with stunning designs.
2. Install an ensuite
Once seen as something of a luxury only found in the very best homes, ensuite bathrooms are becoming increasingly fashionable in homes of all sizes.
Ensuites are a fantastic addition to the home, and their surge in popularity looks certain to continue into 2022 and well beyond. It is easy to see why this should be when you consider the benefits of installing an ensuite bathroom:
- Increase your home value – An ensuite bathroom is an easy way to add value to your property and make it more desirable.
- Beat the morning rush – An ensuite bathroom eases the burden on the morning “bathroom rush hour.”
- Privacy – An ensuite gives you a little bit of privacy and quiet and space that you can make entirely your own.
- Convenience – No more padding through a cold house in the middle of the night when nature calls.
3. Adding some colour
Gone are the days when bathrooms had to be bright, white and shiny. In 2022, this trend to colour our bathrooms is growing with a few colour schemes at the head of the popularity queue:
- Green – Forget the old “avocado shades” that were once associated with green bathrooms because green has come of age, and in 2022, this trend looks set to continue.
- From rich emerald greens to earthy forest tones and subtle hues of sage, green has shaken off its cloak of boredom and looks set to enliven bathrooms for years to come.
- Terracotta – Along the same theme is the earthy and natural hue of terracotta. With hints of the Mediterranean and North Africa, this colour brings exoticness and warmth to the bathroom. Terracotta has always been popular, but trends show that this is on the increase, and the rise will continue into 2022.
- Charcoals – If there is a theme running through the trending bathroom colours of 2022, then it has to be nature (more about this later). Natural slate and stone, or materials that emulate them, and the organic look they bring to the bathroom are becoming increasingly popular.
4. A Natural look
Perhaps it is as a result of the pandemic keeping us all indoors for too long, but the natural look is a definite theme in 2022 bathroom design trends.
Natural materials are a versatile way to bring warmth into smaller rooms like bathrooms and work wonderfully well when paired with modern and contemporary bathroom furnishings.
Pair the look with plenty of natural sunlight where possible and introduce plenty of variations in texture and shade, and the results can be absolutely stunning.
5. The Traditional Look
Traditional looking bathrooms never go out of fashion, but 2022 looks like we are going to see a surge in the popularity of this elegant and sophisticated look.
Don’t mistake traditional for old fashioned, though, there are some classic designs that blend modern and traditional that are at the forefront of the trend. Hexagonal tiles, freestanding tubs, and beautifully designed chrome fittings are some of the features of traditional bathrooms that successfully blend the traditional with modern.
Add some vintage posters, artwork, and mirrors, and the result is a delightfully modern bathroom with a retro look.
Technology is everywhere these days, and it is, therefore, no surprise to find it ranking high in the bathroom trends of 2022.
Smart plugs, lights, and heating systems are increasingly being integrated into bathrooms. Also popular are mirrors that incorporate LED lighting systems, demisters and even built-in clocks.
For those that like to sing in the shower, built-in smart speakers can give you all the tunes you need to get those vocal cords going!
More practical items like touchless taps, smart toilets and showers that can be controlled through an app are all seeing a large increase in popularity that will only increase as we move into 2022 and beyond.
7. Multi-purpose storage
Taking advantage of a renovation to introduce more storage is nothing new. However, bathroom storage has come on leaps and bounds in terms of innovation and integration into units like baths and under-sink units.
Towel storage within the primary bath is becoming a sought-after feature for homebuyers, and ensuring that adequate storage is designed into any new bathroom is now an important part of any bathroom design.
Whether you are considering renovating or revamping an existing bathroom or perhaps adding an ensuite or extra bathroom or WC to your home, we hope that you found some inspiration in our list of what’s hot in bathrooms in 2022.
At Odyssey Bathrooms, our design and trade expertise can make sure the dream bathroom you have always wanted is expertly and efficiently designed and installed. All with an absolute minimum of fuss and disruption.
Why not make 2022 the year you finally get the luxurious bathroom you deserve? For more details of our first-class design and installation services, why not contact us today.